Believe me, I get it. You need to look unique for that upcoming event... wear something no one has ever seen before. You've looked everywhere for the perfect piece... and you can't find it.
That's where I come in. Bring me your ideas for your special event... be it a wedding, a costume ball, or whatever it is that you need that special piece for. We will sit down and either design it, or I can work off of various photographs. We will determine the types and amounts of fabric needed, the time it will take to construct, and ultimately what it will cost you. Don’t worry- you’re in good hands. This is my obsession.
Timeline: 6-8 weeks. No rush is available.
Please note: I specialize in women's formal wear. If you're looking for a custom men's suit, outerwear, swimwear, or custom corsetry, I'm not your person. I reserve the right to decline any project. I also insist on working in person; you will need to physically come into my shop for measurements and fittings.
Note: Under no circumstances will I make a copy of a current designer's dress. I respect these designers’ work, and will not make a copy of them. Having a gown custom sewn for you is NOT a cheaper alternative to buying a gown in a store.
All my work is original with the exception of historical reproductions. For example, if you have a picture of your great-grandmother's Victorian wedding gown or have seen a 15th century painting that you are dying to wear the dress in it, I can try to reproduce it as accurately as possible.
How it works:
1. Bring me your ideas. If it's an image of one gown I'll ask you what you don't like about it. If the answer is price.... see above. Otherwise know what you want changed about it, or have several gowns that you like parts of as ideas. I do reserve the right to turn down a project. See the list above of what I will not take on for a basic idea.
2. We'll determine what fabrics you want and how much of them you'll need.
3. Based on that and how much time I estimate the project will take, I can give you a ballpark estimate. We will at this point do 30% down towards the final cost of the dress.
4. I'll order fabrics and start building. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE during this step don't "swing by to see how the project is going". Often it's sitting in pieces and isn't something you can play with or try on. This also adds a TON of stress on my end. Your project is not the only thing I am working on at any given time.
5. We'll set up a time for a first fitting. This will be rough; there will be unfinished parts of the dress. Sometimes I want to fit it before putting in finishing pieces or hems.
6. You'll come in again to see how the more finished product fits and looks.
7. We should be about ready to go!! If there is anything you want changed, now is the time to do it-- once you take it home it is considered finished.